What is tooth whitening?

Tooth whitening is a process that makes discolored teeth whiter. There are several ways to whiten your smile. You should discuss your tooth whitening options with your dentist. He or she can tell you whether whitening procedures would be most effective for you.

Remember when selecting a whitener or any dental product, be sure to look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance -- your assurance that they have met ADA standards of safety and effectiveness.

Tooth whitening is one of the most popular dental procedures because in some cases it can dramatically improve the attractiveness of your smile. The process of whitening teeth improves the color and tone of the teeth, and can decrease or remove stains caused by eating, drinking coffee, or smoking. Teeth cannot get perfectly white and remember teeth do tend to darken with age. The majority of dentists offer tooth whitening techniques, which come in different price ranges.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?