What should I tell my dentist prior to using teeth whitening strips?

You can talk to your dentist before using over-the-counter whitening strips to help determine if the treatment is best suited for your teeth. How well the whitening strips work depend on the condition of your teeth, how much dental work you have had, and what types of stains you are trying to eliminate. Keep in mind that whiteners will not change the color of artificial teeth, such as dental implants or crowns. If you have had a lot of previous dental work, discuss with your dentist other possible options, such as veneers.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?