What are the risks of having laser bleaching teeth whitening?

Laser teeth whitening is a safe procedure that is unlikely to cause serious side effects or complications. However, teeth whitening may pose risks to certain people. The most common problems people experience after laser teeth whitening are usually mild and short lasting. Some people notice that their teeth are sensitive after the procedure. Avoiding hot and cold foods and beverages for a few days after laser teeth whitening may help with this problem. Gum irritation is another potential problem after laser teeth whitening, but it usually passes in a day or two.

Pregnant women should not have laser teeth whitening. The effects of the whitening agents used in the procedure haven't been well studied in pregnant women, so it's unknown if they could harm an unborn baby.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Do you want a dazzling, movie-star smile but you're not sure how to go about getting it? Are you curious to know how over-the-counter teeth whitening ...
Why do OTC tooth whiteners hurt my gums?
Over-the-counter (OTC) tooth whiteners may hurt your gums because they contain hydrogen peroxide...
What are the risks of tooth whitening?
Because tooth whitening products use hydrogen peroxide, they can cause some irritation and sensitivi...
Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?