What causes the need for tooth whitening?

Teeth can become less white and even discolored due to a variety of reasons. Food residue may discolor teeth. Beverages such as coffee, tea, red wine, and soda can also contribute to discoloration. Smoking causes teeth to become stained over time. Other reasons that teeth may become less white include aging and not taking proper care of your teeth.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Do you want a dazzling, movie-star smile but you're not sure how to go about getting it? Are you curious to know how over-the-counter teeth whitening ...
What can a dentist do to whiten my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Professional whitening or veneers can make your smile bright. Watch as Dr. Maria Lopez Howell explai...
How does age affect the whiteness of my teeth?
Age may cause certain stains to show more prominently on your teeth. The inner parts, or the den...
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?