What are the risks of tooth whitening?

Because tooth whitening products use hydrogen peroxide, they can cause some irritation and sensitivity to temperature in your teeth and gums. During the laser procedure in the dentist's office, sometimes shooting pains may occur, or a gradual warmth turning into a hot pain. If these are too severe, your dentist might offer to numb your teeth during the process. The laser process can make your teeth feel dry for several days. Staying hydrated is important.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

What is the main ingredient in OTC tooth whiteners?
Most OTC tooth whiteners use a peroxide-based bleaching agent. However, OTC tooth whiteners do n...
What are some questions I should ask before getting my teeth whitened?
A bright smile is pleasing, but you don’t want to end up with a blinding shine like Ross in the Frie...
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?