What are the alternatives to having tray teeth whitening?

The main alternatives to tray-based teeth whitening include teeth whitening strips and laser teeth whitening.
  • Teeth whitening strips are dental products that you apply on your own at home. These plastic strips have an adhesive side, which you press against the outside surface of your teeth. Teeth whitening strips are usually worn for 15 or 30 minutes at a time. You need to use teeth whitening strips daily for at least several weeks.
  • Laser teeth whitening is performed by a dentist. He or she first applies whitening gel to the teeth.
Then, the dentist shines a laser or other light source on your teeth to activate bleaching compounds in the gel. A laser teeth whitening session takes just an hour or so, though you may need several appointments to complete the process. The major downside to laser teeth whitening is cost. It is significantly more expensive than at-home teeth whitening procedures.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?