Advertisement

What are the risks of overusing at-home teeth whitening products?

Over-bleaching is typically the result of long-term exposure to bleaching agents. Over-bleaching can cause tooth sensitivity, a reduction in tooth enamel and mild irritation of the soft tissues of the mouth, particularly the gums. Do not use bleach products for longer than advised on the package, and do not use them for longer than advised by your dentist.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?
Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.