How do I keep my teeth white after teeth whitening?

One way to maintain tooth whitening results is to minimize consuming dark foods and beverages including tomato sauce, coffee, red wine.  After an office whitening procedure, an effective way to maintain the results is to purchase an inexpensive OTC whitening product such as the whitening strips or trays to keep them white.  If the teeth are not too sensitive, you can use them as per needed, even for just a couple days. 
Newly whitened teeth may absorb stains more easily. To keep your teeth white as long as possible, avoid tobacco and stain-causing beverages (such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine) for several days after whitening. Keep in mind that teeth usually return to their original shade over time. If you steer clear of tobacco and large amounts of stain-causing beverages, your teeth may remain bright for several years.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Do you want a dazzling, movie-star smile but you're not sure how to go about getting it? Are you curious to know how over-the-counter teeth whitening ...
Which foods stain teeth the worst?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Foods with dark pigments have the greatest potential to stain teeth. Teas, coffee and red wine have ...
What teeth whitening options are best?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
I recommend dentist supervised tooth whitening systems that are dispensed and monitored by your dent...
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?