How do I keep my teeth white after teeth whitening?

Newly whitened teeth may absorb stains more easily. To keep your teeth white as long as possible, avoid tobacco and stain-causing beverages (such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine) for several days after whitening. Keep in mind that teeth usually return to their original shade over time. If you steer clear of tobacco and large amounts of stain-causing beverages, your teeth may remain bright for several years.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

How can OTC tooth whiteners brighten my teeth?
OTC tooth whiteners remove stains from your teeth, which can make them appear brighter. Whitenin...
What is tooth whitening?
Gerald P. Curatola, DDSGerald P. Curatola, DDS
Tooth Whitening is a broad term for services that generally lighten the color of teeth. This can be ...
How are teeth whitened?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Like hair coloring or perms, the success of whitening is all about the concentration of the acti...
How much baking soda and lemon juice do I use to whiten teeth?
I must admit, as a family physician I get very few questions on teeth whitening. That being said...