What are the best ways to whiten my teeth?

There are many ways to whiten your teeth, but for the best effect, see your dentist. Professional bleaching can make your teeth 3 to 8 shades whiter, compared to only one shade lighter with whitening toothpastes. You can also purchase a whitening tray and supplies from your dentist to whiten your teeth at home. The bleaching solution you get from your dentist will be more expensive than an  over-the-counter bleaching treatment, but it's also stronger and more effective.

If price is your biggest consideration, look for over-the-counter products such as:
  • whitening gels
  • whitening strips
  • whitening toothpastes
  • bleaching systems
Most products use a bleaching agent, which is applied to your teeth with a brush, mouth guard, or strip. You can also try home remedies such as baking soda, lemon, and peroxide. Talk to your dentist about teeth whitening options before you purchase one.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?