How can bruxism affect my everyday life?

Chronic clenching of your jaw or grinding your teeth can have a serious impact on your daily life. Bruxism can lead to constant headaches and jaw pain. This pain may interfere with your ability to concentrate at work or enjoy social situations. You may also develop a temporomandibular disorder, which affects the joints in your face located in front of your ears. Depending on the severity of your condition, you can do permanent damage to your teeth. Because bruxism can impact your daily life, it is important you receive routine dental care to diagnose and manage this condition.
Constant teeth grinding can disrupt your daily life and cause you dull headaches or jaw soreness. It can also cause temporary or long term problems with your teeth, including teeth that are painful or loose or fractured teeth.

Whether it's determining a way to relax, taking muscle relaxants before bedtime or wearing a mouthguard, it is important to see your dentist to determine the cause and treatment. 

Continue Learning about Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)

Should I talk to my doctor about my teeth grinding (bruxism) symptoms?
Yes, if you suspect you have symptoms of teeth grinding, see a dentist to confirm the diagnosis. Sch...
What is TMJ and how does it relate to teeth grinding (bruxism)?
TMJ is the abbreviation for temporomandibular joint and often is shorthand for a collection of disor...
Is my child at risk for periodontal disease if he grinds his teeth?
Teeth grinding, or bruxism, can cause chips and cracks in teeth. Mothers are in a good position to m...
Do I need to be concerned if I grind my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you grind your teeth regularly, talk to your dentist. Not only does teeth grinding cause facial p...