What is a moderate tooth fracture?

A moderate tooth fracture is a crack or break that damages one of the tooth's three layers: the outside enamel, the dentin, and the pulp, which is the center of the tooth that houses the nerves and blood vessels. You may be able to save your tooth if you sustain a moderate tooth fracture. A tooth might be repaired if the pulp is not damaged irreversibly; a crown or root canal might be a solution. If bleeding occurs during the moderate tooth fracture, do your best to manage it and see a dentist or go to the emergency room immediately.

Continue Learning about Teeth Basics

What can my dentist determine about my smile by looking at me head-on?
By looking at you head-on, your dentist can assess your bite. An improper bite can make it hard to c...
How can my eating habits cause tooth decay?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Eating habits and food choices can lead to tooth decay. A steady diet of sugary foods and drinks...
How can I find a dentist for a second opinion?
To find another dentist for a second opinion, call your local dental society, or ask a relative ...
How do I maintain healthy teeth?
To keep your mouth in good condition:Brush twice a day.Clean between your teeth daily.Eat a balanc...