How can my eating habits cause tooth decay?

Eating habits and food choices can lead to tooth decay. A steady diet of sugary foods and drinks, including sports drinks, can damage teeth. But snacking throughout the day or "grazing" can also lead to tooth decay.

Continue Learning about Teeth Basics

What factors influence the color of teeth?
Several factors can influence the color of teeth. Stains on the enamel can result from regularly dri...
How will an orthodontic chin cup affect the appearance of my teeth?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
The changes made using an orthodontic chin cup are typically skeletal (orthopedic) in nature. Howeve...
What is a moderate tooth fracture?
A moderate tooth fracture is a crack or break that damages one of the tooth's three layers: the ou...
What are impacted teeth?
An impacted tooth is a tooth that doesn't grow through the gum tissue normally. Instead of breaking ...