As a teen, what causes white spots on my nails?

These small, semicircular spots result from injury to the base (matrix) of the nail, where nail cells are produced - they’ll eventually grow out.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Understanding Anatomy

As a teen, what is gynecomastia?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Gynecomastia may be seen in teenage boys that present to my practice with their parents. The main co...
What is the dermis layer of skin?
The dermis is the largest layer of skin (accounting for about 90 percent of skin). It provides the s...
How do nails grow?
Your nails grow from the area under your cuticle (called the matrix) the same way hair grows from fo...
As a Teen, Is It Normal to Have Vaginal Discharge?