As a teen, what causes white spots on my nails?

These small, semicircular spots result from injury to the base (matrix) of the nail, where nail cells are produced - they’ll eventually grow out.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Understanding Anatomy

How does the human jaw work?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Two joints and several jaw muscles make it possible to open and close the mouth. They work toget...
What is the subcutaneous tissue skin layer?
In this layer, sebaceous glands secrete lubricants (oil) to protect your skin, while apocrine gl...
As a teen, how often should I be pooping?
You’re considered normal if you’re pooping once a day, three times a day, or even once every thr...
As a Teen, Is It Normal to Have Vaginal Discharge?