As a teen, what should I do about an ingrown toenail?

Improper nail trimming, tight shoes, or poor posture can cause a corner of the nail to curve downward into the skin. Ingrown nails can be painful and sometimes lead to infection. To avoid infection, see a podiatrist (a foot doctor) rather than attempting to saw away the nail yourself. Your doc will numb the toe and trim the ingrown nail.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Understanding Anatomy

As a teen, how can I examine myself for testicular cancer?
Silent but deadly, testicular cancer can grow and spread and cause life-threatening problems if unde...
As a teen, what is asthma?
Asthma is a kind of allergic reaction that’s manifested through the respiratory system. Look at ...
As a teen, how can birth control pills affect my period?
Nowadays, modern technology allows women to plan their periods; oncemenstruation has started and a g...
As a Teen, Is It Normal to Have Vaginal Discharge?