What are the different kinds of self talk?

Self talk consists of positive, negative and neutral talk. Positive talk is all the positive things we say to ourselves. Negative self talk effects us negatively and consists of the negative things we say to and about ourselves. Neutral self talk is neither positive nor negative.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Self-Esteem Building

As a teen, how can my body image affect my health?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
A teenager's body image -- your perception of your own body and the way that you convey this vis...
How does social pressure affect the self image of teen girls?
Dr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyDDr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD
Nobody’s perfect, but media aimed at teen girls often makes them think they should be. In this v...
What are some causes for self-hatred?
James SmithJames Smith
One cause of self-hatred is believing what the incessant negative thoughts in our head are telling u...
How does self-esteem affect a teen's social development?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Learning disabilities can lower self-esteem. As you'll see in the video, teens can build self-estee...