What is homebound education?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
Homebound education should not be confused with home schooling, where the parent has opted to provide full educational training in the home environment. Homebound education is provided by the child's school after a substantial number of absences. In many cases, homebound materials provide modified and abbreviated training for core classes only, with a minimal number of hours weekly required for educational instruction, rather than the full training provided in school. The goal of homebound education is to prevent the child from falling too far behind academically, so that she can successfully re-enter the classroom when she is able to return to school. The longer the child remains on homebound education, the more difficult this transition back to school will be.
The Woman's Migraine Toolkit: Managing Your Headaches from Puberty to Menopause (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

Migraines are a common, controllable type of headache that affects one in every six women, more than 20 million in the United States alone. The Woman’s Migraine Toolkit helps readers take charge of...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: School and Time Management

What is a healthy, natural way to stay awake when studying at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Emergen-C packets are effervescent, single serving packets of energy you can use while studying ...
Can I get into college if I'm home-schooled?
Stephanie AdamsStephanie Adams
DEFINITELY! I did. I was home-schooled and not only got into college but into a master's program in ...
As a teen, what can help me focus on schoolwork?
Gina M. BiegelGina M. Biegel
You can bring mindful awareness to anything you do, including your schoolwork. Follow these step...
How can I make time for fun?
Shameeka Williams , NASM Elite TrainerShameeka Williams , NASM Elite Trainer
I find that exercise is the perfect way to make time for fun.  We should take it seriously but not f...