Are growing pains real?

Yes, growing pains are real. And they can be very uncomfortable. Hot showers, hot baths, and occasional use of ibuprofen can help. Save the latter for times when you can’t get comfortable due to the pain, but the normal twinges of growing pains usually do not need meds. If pain is waking you from your sleep, it is worth asking your doctor about it. He or she can help assess whether these are simple growing pains, or whether something else may be going on.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective on Health

Prediabetes: The Silent Danger Facing U.S. Teens
A startling one in five U.S. teenagers was found to have prediabetes in a study published in JAMA. Prediabetes is a condition in which your blood glu...
Are steroids really as dangerous as people say they are?
Many well publicized cases have brought steroid usage to the public eye so it is well known that s...
What role do oral steroids play in treating acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Corticosteroids, such as oral prednisone, are the gold standard for anti-inflammatory medication...
How Do I Make Sure My Child Doesn't Become Overweight?