Why do I need a vitamin B supplement as a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
The Second National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) revealed that 90 percent of women get less than the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for vitamin B6, a type of B vitamin that is essential for the synthesis of serotonin and norepinephrine, two neurotransmitters that are crucial for signaling happy thoughts and emotions in your brain. People who are deficient in this form of B vitamin can experience symptoms such as skin inflammation, depression, confusion, weakness, numbness, and tingling. Basically, think of B vitamins as your energy and mood boosters, and make sure you get plenty!
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

What are some healthy late-night snacks to eat at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Always try to have a piece of fruit rather than processed snacks, especially late at night. If p...
Why do I look bigger despite eating less?
When you starve your body, certain predictable changes occur. If you aren’t eating enough food, ...
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?