Why should teens eat dairy products?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Lean dairy foods, such as low-fat or fat-free varieties, offer a slew of benefits to the body. Everyone has seen the milk mustache ads advocating the wonders of this simple, accessible drink. Along with other dairy products such as yogurt, cheese, even ice cream (albeit, the sugar probably isn't worth the nutritional benefits), milk is a good source of vitamin D, calcium, and other bone-strengthening nutrients. (You can also get vitamin D from sun exposure, though milk offers it without the threat of skin cancer.)
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

What are some healthy choices in the school cafeteria?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
For many parents, school breakfast and lunch are an inexpensive, convenient way to ensure your child...
When are detox diets okay for teenagers like me?
Laura Vanderbeck , NASM Elite TrainerLaura Vanderbeck , NASM Elite Trainer
The reasons people detox are varied. I recommend it as a jump start to healthier eating or if someon...
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?