Why should I eat healthy at college even though it's expensive?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
It is currently more expensive to eat healthy foods. (You'll see this price gap most starkly when you and your roommates decide to order dinner: one large pizza feeds three people for $12, while sushi for three can cost more than $40.) But the good news is that, with educated consumers like you, who know the power of your wallet and your mouth, this will not always have to be the case.

Everyone can have access to health once we make healthy food affordable. In the meantime, start looking at your health as an investment: the cost of dealing with poor eating habits when you get older -- future medical bills for everything from heart disease, to diabetes, to a shrink for your "fat issues" -- easily outweighs the relatively small price difference you pay today. So cough up the extra cash and choose something healthy.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How can communal eating at college affect how young women eat?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Watch as nutritionist Dr. Rovenia Brock discusses how communal eating at colleage can affect you...
Should I eat protein after a work out?
Yes, it is important to replenish lost energy stores after exercise. Protein is used to rebuild tiss...
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?