Why should I eat healthy at college even though it's expensive?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
It is currently more expensive to eat healthy foods. (You'll see this price gap most starkly when you and your roommates decide to order dinner: one large pizza feeds three people for $12, while sushi for three can cost more than $40.) But the good news is that, with educated consumers like you, who know the power of your wallet and your mouth, this will not always have to be the case.

Everyone can have access to health once we make healthy food affordable. In the meantime, start looking at your health as an investment: the cost of dealing with poor eating habits when you get older -- future medical bills for everything from heart disease, to diabetes, to a shrink for your "fat issues" -- easily outweighs the relatively small price difference you pay today. So cough up the extra cash and choose something healthy.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

As a teen, what should I know about emotional eating?
Craig B. Primack, MDCraig B. Primack, MD
Teenagers (and everyone else) should be aware of emotional eating. I define emotional eating as eati...
How can I get a healthy meal in the school cafeteria?
Deborah BeauvaisDeborah Beauvais
Here is some information and tips to ensure and enjoyable healthy meal at school.School meals are he...
How can college students help to change the American food industry?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
While living on campus, you have a unique opportunity to experiment with more balanced meals bec...
What are some healthy snacks for college students?
Doreen RodoDoreen Rodo
It's tough for college students to eat healthy, but it can be done, especially if you choose wisely....