Why do college students eat unhealthy food late at night?

Many times, stress can cause college students to eat unhealthy foods, especially late at night. If studying at night causes you to nervously munch, don’t study in your dorm room surrounded by your roommate’s chips and other snacks piled high on the shelf. Study in another place in the dorm hall where it is quite and food is prohibited.

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Late-night talks are a danger zone for unhealthy eating because:
  • You are enjoying bonding with your friends and aren't thinking about what goes into your mouth.
  • It's many hours since the cafeteria closed for dinner, and your body is starting to get hungry again.
  • It's late at night and you're getting tired, so you eat to stay awake.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How much vitamin C do I need per day as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for vitamin C is 60-75 milligrams, but this is widely acce...
As a teen, how can I help my friend with an eating disorder?
Ellen Rome, MDEllen Rome, MD
Eating disorders are common among teen girls, but there is hope. In this video, Dr. Rome offers ...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium