Why should I avoid eating right before bed as a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Eating right before you go to bed is a problem for two reasons. The first is that you don't have any opportunity to burn off the calories you've eaten before sleeping, so they are absorbed into your blood and transported around your body, where they are eventually stored as fat. The second problem is that, while you may be able to fall asleep right away, the digestive processes going on in your stomach will require your brain to be partly awake, making your sleep much less restful and deep.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How can I choose healthy foods while at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
When you are walking down the aisles of a supermarket, picking up a snack at the university co-o...
What are some healthy snacks for college students?
Doreen RodoDoreen Rodo
It's tough for college students to eat healthy, but it can be done, especially if you choose wisely....
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?