What can weaken a teenager's bones?

Chronic use of steroids (the kinds you swallow, not the kind you inhale for asthma), kidney disease and other conditions can weaken your bones. But in teens, the main offender is a diet deficient in calcium, especially in those with eating disorders. Preventing osteoporosis in the first place is a lot better than a future filled with fractured bones.

YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How can I eat fewer calories at fast food restaurants if I'm a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
If you must eat at a fast food restaurant, go for a salad. If you can't get a salad (or don't wa...
Why should I bring a bag lunch to school?
Deborah BeauvaisDeborah Beauvais
If you are unsure of the meal options available to you at your school I strongly encourage you to br...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium