What are good sources of vitamin D for teens?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Your body naturally produces enough vitamin D daily from 20 minutes of bright sun exposure (without sunscreen), but for those times of year when you're not able to do this, take 2,500 to 5,000 International Units (IU) of vitamin D (don't worry, it's only about 1 or 2 capsules) to make sure your immune system stays strong. Taking cod liver oil (2 teaspoons shaken with a shot of orange juice every morning) is a great way to get vitamin D, since it is a fat soluble vitamin and needs fat to be absorbed. Otherwise, your body will just excrete it in your urine.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

What is a healthy lunch recipe I can make at college?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
One of the easiest and also healthy lunches is a roll up. Purchase a whole grain flour tortilla and...
As a teen, how can I be sure my diet includes enough vitamins and minerals?
Eating a well-rounded diet that includes all the different food groups, especially fruits, veget...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
How Can Communal Eating At College Affect How Young Women Eat?