What is a high fiber dinner recipe I can make at college?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Here is a high fiber dinner recipe:

Brown Rice with Vegetables
  • 1/2 cup brown rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 clove garlic, pressed
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrot
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
(You can add broccoli, kale, whatever you have on hand. It will take some experimenting to know how much water is required.)

Yield: 2 servings
Calories: 149 per serving
Total fat: 7.4 g
Fiber: 4.5 g
Protein: 3.3 g

Put all these ingredients in the rice cooker and let them do their thing! When all the water is boiled off, your rice and vegetables should be tender and full of flavor. (For more flavor, add an all-natural bouillon cube to the water before turning the rice cooker on.)

Brown rice is an excellent complex carbohydrate, loaded with fiber and healthy energy sugars. By making it in the rice cooker all at once, you spare yourself having to prepare the vegetables separately: they will be perfectly steamed and blended with the rice -- ready to eat!
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How might my upbringing influence how I eat at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
If your parents were very hands-off about scheduling and eating meals, you may have made a lot o...
What are some healthy foods I can get at the college cafeteria?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Here are some examples of healthy college cafeteria food choices: Fresh fruits Fresh veggies Whol...
How Can Communal Eating At College Affect How Young Women Eat?
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?