What are some healthy dinners I can eat at college?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
At dinner, you want to try to keep your meal as light as possible. Lean proteins and lots of veggies are always a good option. So are hearty soups and salads. Another great choice is just to eat half the portion you might eat at lunch -- so half a veggie burger, or half a portion of grains or legumes, like quinoa and lentils, paired with lots of leafy greens. At dinner, you'll probably have a bit more time to prepare your meal, so make sure that whatever you decide to eat, it's something that helps you relax and refuel after a long day. You could even think about preparing some leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day!
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

For a healthy dinner, follow the advice from ChooseMyPlate.gov:

• Fill half of your plate with fruits and veggies
  • About 1/2 of your plate should be grains, especially whole grains
  • The remainder of your plate should be devoted to lean protein sources such as skinless poultry
  • Add a serving of nonfat or low fat dairy such as a cup of skim milk or nonfat yogurt

An example of a healthy dinner could be grilled veggies, fruit salad (half of your plate), brown rice (about 1/4 of your plate), and grilled chicken breast (1/4 of your plate. Pour yourself a glass of skim milk or have a yogurt for dessert.

dotfit, salad

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How can I deal with food temptations at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
When you do cheat on a diet, make it worthwhile. Choose your indulgences carefully. A small slic...
Why should I bring a bag lunch to school?
Deborah BeauvaisDeborah Beauvais
If you are unsure of the meal options available to you at your school I strongly encourage you to br...
How Can Communal Eating At College Affect How Young Women Eat?
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?