What should I do if I am hungry all the time?

The reason some people eat is because their satiety centers (the place in the
brain that lets you know whether you’re hungry or not) are begging for attention. But sometimes, those appetite centers want things to quench your thirst, not to fill the stomach. Thirst could be caused by hormones in the gut, or it could be a chemical response to eating; eating food increases the thickness of your blood, and your body senses the need to dilute it. A great way to counteract hunger is by drinking--but not the stuff that contains unnecessary, empty calories, like sugared soft drinks. Your thirst center doesn’t care whether it’s getting zero-calorie water or a mega-calorie frappuccino. When you feel hungry, drink a glass or two of water first, to see if that’s really what your body wants.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How can I avoid eating unhealthy food at college events?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
College campus gatherings, like club meetings or information hours, present a challenge: they ca...
Why should teens eat butter instead of margarine?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
When people want to eat butter but are trying to limit their fat intake, they often switch to ma...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium