What are the dangers of diet pills?

Diet pills do help you lose weight, but they can stop your heart. Acting as amphetamines, or speed, diet pills may suppress appetite for hours after you take them, but the way the hunger center works, most people will set themselves up for a binge when the pills wear off, leading to a vicious cycle of
starving, binging, starving, binging. Inadequate calories cause the body to eventually break down heart muscle for food; with a weakened heart muscle, adding a stimulant such as diet pills can cause the heart to develop an abnormal, life-threatening irregular rhythm that can cause sudden death. And some pills come with the great side effect of anal leakage. 
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

What should I feed my teen for breakfast?
It is essential for teens to get a good breakfast. In this video, Dr. Oz gives his quick and eas...
How can I eat healthy in the college cafeteria?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
You'll probably be surrounded by an abundance of highly processed, highly fattening food in the ...
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?