As a teen, why do people become vegetarians?

Vandana  R. Sheth
There are many reasons for becoming vegetarian.  Some common reasons could be compassion, environment, ethical, religious, peer pressure, and health.  Regardless of the reasons for becoming vegetarian, it is important to note that a vegetarian diet that is well-planned and balanced is adequate and appropriate for all stages of the life cycle including adolescence. 

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

What foods are good sources of vitamin D for teens?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
The following foods are good sources of vitamin D for teens: Salmon, pink (3 ounces) -- 500 mg Tun...
How can I eat healthy food at college sporting events and games?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
The following tips will help you avoid an unhealthy eating disaster during sporting events: Have...
As a teen, how can I avoid gaining weight when I go to college?
Starting college calls for a whole new set of "routines."  From getting up for class, food choices...
Why should I eat healthy at college even though it's expensive?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
It is currently more expensive to eat healthy foods. (You'll see this price gap most starkly whe...