As a teen, why do people become vegetarians?

Vandana  R. Sheth
There are many reasons for becoming vegetarian.  Some common reasons could be compassion, environment, ethical, religious, peer pressure, and health.  Regardless of the reasons for becoming vegetarian, it is important to note that a vegetarian diet that is well-planned and balanced is adequate and appropriate for all stages of the life cycle including adolescence. 

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

Why do I need fat in my diet if I'm a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Some fats are not only good for you, but are absolutely essential to proper brain function, good...
What are the best fruits to snack on at college?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
If you have a refrigerator in your dorm room, stock it with apples, oranges, clemetines, and grapes...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium