How much water should I drink per day as a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily, including one glass before every meal. So, if you weigh 140 pounds, try to drink 70 ounces of water each day. It seems like a lot, but drinking a sufficient amount of water keeps your complexion clear and skin glowing, flushes toxins out of your body, aids in good digestion and healthy teeth, and suppresses appetite. Also, drinking a full glass of water right before bed helps prevent bags under your eyes, as this swelling is caused by an abundance of salt in the body; water flushes it out of your system.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How much fiber do teen girls and young women need per day?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Young women should be getting about 25 grams of fiber daily. You can easily get this amount in y...
How often should I eat when studying for college exams?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Give yourself scheduled breaks during which you've already planned what to eat. You'll be more p...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium