How much vitamin C do I need per day as a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for vitamin C is 60-75 milligrams, but this is widely accepted as being insufficient. You need about 500 milligrams of vitamin C daily. Because vitamin C cannot be stored in the body -- anything you don't use will be flushed out in your urine, so you need to replenish your stock of vitamin C daily.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

Why do I eat unhealthy food when studying at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Studying for tests and writing papers is a danger zone for unhealthy eating because: You're sitt...
How can teens help create a widespread demand for affordable healthy foods?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
As consumers, we can start creating the demand for affordable, accessible healthy food by making...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
How Can Communal Eating At College Affect How Young Women Eat?