How often should I eat when studying for college exams?

When exam time rolls around, this is time to avoid skipping meals. Eat three healthy meals daily to feed your body and mind. Eating throughout day will help you feel full and avoid hunger and nervous munching when you are studying. 

Study at the campus library where eating is prohibited. This will help you stay focus on your studying and avoid mindless munching.

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Give yourself scheduled breaks during which you've already planned what to eat. You'll be more productive during your study time because there's a reward at the end of each interval. So, for instance, at the end of the first hour have a small handful of almonds or some baby carrots. At the end of the second hour, have a grapefruit, apple, or pear. At the end of the third hour, you can have a small handful of semisweet chocolate chips or some soy crisps. Keep going in this pattern for as long as you are studying and feel like you want a little something to munch on.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

Why should teens eat dairy products?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Lean dairy foods, such as low-fat or fat-free varieties, offer a slew of benefits to the body. E...
How can I eat less sugar as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
As a rule of thumb, go for naturally sweet items, like fruit, or find ways to get your sugar fix...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium