How does junk food affect a teen's ability to focus?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Snacking on junk foods I could get at the cafeteria or school co-op left me chronically tired and cranky, making it difficult to concentrate on what was being taught. I found out later that my diet of simple carbs (which are basically just sugars) contributed to my inability to focus by making me jittery and hungry all the time. These foods don't have enough fiber or fat to keep you full for very long. If you're always hungry and thinking about your next sugar-and-carb fix, of course you're going to be distracted.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How can I get a healthy meal in the school cafeteria?
Deborah BeauvaisDeborah Beauvais
Here is some information and tips to ensure and enjoyable healthy meal at school.School meals are he...
How can I eat healthy fast food while I'm at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Fast food burger chains are potential minefields for the healthy eater. Only recently are health...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
How Can Communal Eating At College Affect How Young Women Eat?