How can I eat fewer calories at fast food restaurants if I'm a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
If you must eat at a fast food restaurant, go for a salad. If you can't get a salad (or don't want to), get the leanest meat you can find (skinless poultry or fish, preferably) or a veggie burger. If you don't want either of those, go for the hamburger, but nix the cheese and special sauce. And, finally, if you absolutely must have these accoutrements, go for the smallest size available. Keep in mind, that one 4-ounce burger (no bun, mayo, or special sauce included) is 360 calories, the same as the calorie count in four veggie burgers.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

How can communal eating at college affect how young women eat?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Watch as nutritionist Dr. Rovenia Brock discusses how communal eating at colleage can affect you...
Why should I eat bread before meals as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
You may have thought you were doing yourself a service by asking the waiter to take away the bas...
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
How Can Communal Eating At College Affect How Young Women Eat?