How can I enjoy treats but stay healthy as a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Most teenagers don't take the time to enjoy the small, unhealthy indulgences we allow ourselves because we know we "shouldn't" be eating something so deliciously bad. Better that we cram it down our throats quickly without thinking. But where does that leave us? Stuffed and bloated on cookies we didn't even enjoy. Going cold turkey and never allowing ourselves any treats isn't the perfect solution either, because this leaves you feeling deprived and sorry for yourself, making fulfillment of your goals highly improbable. Part of being able to eat in moderation is knowing that you will have the opportunity to eat that thing again; there's no need to stockpile now. The business of eating healthfully is a marathon, not a sprint.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

What can weaken a teenager's bones?
Chronic use of steroids (the kinds you swallow, not the kind you inhale for asthma), kidney disease ...
Why should teens eat dairy products?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Lean dairy foods, such as low-fat or fat-free varieties, offer a slew of benefits to the body. E...
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?