Can I take vitamin supplements instead of eating healthy at college?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Be warned that vitamins cannot take the place of food. Just because you take a multivitamin, or five, daily, does not mean you can shovel foods devoid of nutrition into your body and expect to stay healthy. Supplements are called that because they fill in for deficiencies in your day-to-day diet. They are in no way meant to replace a healthy eating regimen.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Unfortunately, a supplement isn't going to correct an unhealthy diet, nor provide energy for your body. While you may get some of the nutrients you need, a supplement doesn't contain calories so will not fuel your mind and body.

A well-balanced diet should be able to give you all the vitamins that you need plus provide you with delicious energy to help you ace your studies.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

What is emotional eating in teens?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Anorexia, bulimia, and yo-yo dieting are all extreme forms of what experts call emotional eating...
Why should I eat fruits and vegetables as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Any fruit or vegetable is an excellent choice as a snack or part of a meal. These foods are a yu...
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?
How Can Communal Eating At College Affect How Young Women Eat?