How can meditation help my brain?

Meditation allows us to move from focused thought to an unfocused condition, which frees the mind from stress and allows creativity to grow. By reducing the “noise” in your system, you allow your full brain to develop, and it actually helps learning and reduces stress. Transcendental meditation (one type of meditation) does provide a unique ability to quiet the mind and creates measureable changes in the architecture of the brain.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Learning and Memory

How can essential oils help me improve my memory while studying at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Essential oils in aromatherapy can help you retain that ridiculous amount of calculus you've bee...
How are memories made?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The making and storing of memories is complex. It involves the frontal, temporal, parietal and other...
What are three basic types of memory?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The three basic forms of memory are short-term memory, which refers to memories that can last from a...
How Is Auditory Memory Different from Visual and Other Sensory Memory?