What warm-up stretches should teens do before exercising?

A total body warm up period of 5 to 10 minutes is preferred prior to exercising, and can take the place of stretching. Static stretching before excising would be appropriate to correct any body posture or joint dysfunction, but do the total body warm-up first. A total body warm up can increase your body elasticity by 20%. A better indication to know when you're properly warmed up and ready for stretching or/and exercising, is when you notice sweat/moisture appearing on your forehead, back of hands, or under the nose. 

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

How should I do leg exercises as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
To do the back kick exercise: Place your hands and knees on the floor. Keeping your knees bent, ...
What is the proper way to stretch?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Stretching is often not completed as much as it should be so my first suggestion, stretch before and...
What Is a Good Exercise for the Butt and Legs I Can Do In My Room?
What Are Some Exercises I Can Do In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?