What is the importance of a cool down?

The cool down is used to gradually decrease the intensity of activity back to a steady state. A gradual decrease helps to remove waste products from the muscles, minimizing muscle soreness. It also helps the cardiovascular system transition slowly to help avoid feelings of dizziness.

The cool down is an excellent time to perform some flexibility exercises, while the body and muscles are still warm.

The cool down should last for approximately 5-10 minutes, and should be used for both cardiovascular and resistance training programs, and include a flexibility component.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

Besides Sit-Ups, What Is a Good Way to Exercise My Abs In My Room?
What Are Some Exercises I Can Do In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?
How Should I End a Workout In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?
How Can I Strengthen My Lower Back In My Dorm Room?