As a teen, what exercises can help if I'm too skinny?

Marjorie Nolan Cohn

If you are too skinny, and want to gain weight the best type of exercise is weight lifting. Cardiovascular exercise is important for heart health but ultimately burns excess calories, something you may not want to do if you are looking to gain weight, and build muscle. Weight lifting, however, is a type of resistance training, and when done consistently will build muscle and reduce the appearance of being skinny with muscles.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

How should I do the downward dog yoga pose as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
To do down dog incline chest push-ups: (This move is taken from a basic yoga routine.) Start off...
How much should I exercise if I'm an overweight teen?
Lorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite TrainerLorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite Trainer
It's recommended that a person exercises a minimum of three times per week for duration of 30 minute...
What Is a Good Quick Warm-Up I Can Do In a Dorm Room or Bedroom?
Besides Sit-Ups, What Is a Good Way to Exercise My Abs In My Room?