As a teen, how can a baseball pitcher keep his or her throwing arm healthy?

To keep your arm healthy please make sure you always perform warm up exercises before you throw any baseballs. To warm up you can run sprints, do arm circles, jumping jacks, rotator cuff exercises, etc.. Really work up a good sweat. Never throw a baseball to warm up. Warm up to throw a baseball. After you pitch, practice or play in a game, perform more of the same warm up exercise and very important do rotator cuff exercises.

On days that you are not pitching, learn and do the Thrower 10 program. It is all the exercises a pitcher needs to do to have and continue to have a healthy arm. The Throwers 10 program can be found online. It is internal, external rotation, scaption, empty can and full can exercises. To recap, warm up your body and arm before touching a baseball. Pitch, practice or play. As soon as you’re done do more of the same warm up exercise and the throwers 10 program. On days you’re not pitching make sure to do the thrower 10 program. And stretch. If you feel any discomfort in your arm from pitching make sure to ice. Follow this protocol and your pitching arm will be strong and healthy.

Too many pitchers have an unhealthy arm because they don't warm up properly before throwing a baseball. And because they don't take care of their arms after they pitch.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

What should a teen look for when choosing a hockey helmet?
Lorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite TrainerLorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite Trainer
Determine your hat size. Wrap a soft measuring tape (like the ones used for dressmaking or tailoring...
How should I do arm exercises as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
To exercise your arms do chair dips: Find a stationary chair and squat in front of it. Put your ...
How Can I Strengthen My Lower Back In My Dorm Room?
I Sit In a Chair Studying a Lot. What Is a Good Stretch for My Lower Back?