How can walking help a teen get in better shape?

Exercise of any sort will be better than no exercise. Having your teen get active will truly be a benefit.  Exercise will not only improve their self-esteem but will also increase their energy. In addition, focus on sound nutrition. Teens seem to have access to food high in sugar and fat. Try to have them eating clean, lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables. Again, any activity is better than no activity. Lastly, be sure to join them!

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

For a teen, what is the RICE protocol for joint injuries?
If you do experience joint pain or related strains and sprains in the surrounding soft tissue, it’s...
What should a teen look for when choosing a hockey helmet?
Lorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite TrainerLorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite Trainer
Determine your hat size. Wrap a soft measuring tape (like the ones used for dressmaking or tailoring...
What Is a Good Quick Warm-Up I Can Do In a Dorm Room or Bedroom?
How Should I End a Workout In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?