How can I have fun exercising at college?

Just because you’re off to college, doesn’t mean you have to gain the Freshman Fifteen - In fact, college is a great place to exercise and have fun.

• Join a sports team                     
  • Join the fitness center
  • Start or join a hiking club
  • Create an obstacles marathon and recruit participants
  • Get a bike and explore your college town
  • Join the swim team
  • Learn to skateboard

There are endless opportunities in a college environment to stay active and have fun. You’ll make lots of new friends who share your same interests, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and reduce stress all in the name of fun.

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Running in place for twenty minutes may not sound like your idea of excitement in college, but there are ways to make it more fun. Listen to a Walkman, or the ubiquitous iPod. If your gym has a television, watch that. Read a magazine, newspaper article, or that novel for English you've been putting off. Many people find that they are most creative when exercising, so use the time to think about problems you're trying to figure out. Solutions might just pop into your head.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

How can I include strength training in my college exercise routine?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
A good way to fit muscle training into your workout schedule is to alternate days of hard cardio...
As a teen, what should I look for when choosing a football helmet?
Lorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite TrainerLorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite Trainer
Decide what type of helmet that you'll need, an adult or youth. The two look the same, but the mater...
What Are Some Exercises I Can Do In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?
What Is a Good Quick Warm-Up I Can Do In a Dorm Room or Bedroom?