How can exercise help boost teen self esteem?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
The gym is a great place to meet new people who are also interested in taking care of their bodies. So, you'll be boosting your self-esteem on two levels: you'll like your body even more once you start to get in shape, and your new friends will provide you with a circle of support should you start to fall off the exercise bandwagon.

Let's summarize the benefits of exercise:
  • tones your muscles and increases Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
  • burns off calories to help lose extra pounds or helps you stay at your desirable weight
  • helps control your appetite
  • increases blood circulation so your skin gets all the nutrients it needs and maintains a youthful glow from the inside out; also, you sweat out impurities through the pores in your skin, which helps keep your body clear of toxins
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

Why is it hard to exercise at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
College students tend to think of exercise as inconvenient, sometimes embarrassing, and even bor...
How should I do a triceps stretch as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
To do a triceps stretch: Lift your right arm over your head, bending at the elbow, as if to scra...
Besides Sit-Ups, What Is a Good Way to Exercise My Abs In My Room?
How Should I End a Workout In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?