How should I do push-ups as a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
To do an upper push-up: Lie down on your stomach and put your hands palms down and shoulder-width apart on the floor. Push up so that your body is flat like a board, your arms are extended, and your toes are on the floor. Hold this position for 30 seconds, remembering not to let your butt push up into the air. Keep your stomach pulled in to support your lower back. Lie on your stomach and rest for 30 seconds.

To do a lower push-up: While still lying on your stomach, place your palms on the floor underneath each of your armpits. Push your body up to the upper push-up position, then lower your body so that your chest is about 6 inches off the floor and your back is straight (make sure your butt is not sticking up in the air!). Hold this position for 30 seconds. Repeat 4 four times.

To do girl push-ups: With your knees on the floor and your ankles lifted and crossed, do 10 push-ups. Repeat 2 times.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

For a teen, what are the benefits of exercise?
Lorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite TrainerLorenzo Rawls , NASM Elite Trainer
Teens and young adults, both male and female, benefit from physical activity.Physical activity ...
How should I do bicep curls as a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
To do biceps curls: Pretend you are holding dumbbells and stand with your arms out to either sid...
How Can I Tone and Tighten My Triceps In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?
What Is a Good Exercise for the Butt and Legs I Can Do In My Room?