How do I do abdominal exercises as a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
When you're doing abdominal exercises, it's especially important to remember that you never want to use your neck to do the work your core should be doing. If your neck feels strained, cradle your head in your hands like an egg and shift the stress back to your abs. Also, to make sure that you don't end up with compact, crunched abs, stretch after every ab workout. Lie on your stomach, put your hands under your chest and push up to really stretch out all the abdominal muscles. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds, come back to a lying-down position for a 15-second rest, and repeat 3 times.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

What is a good exercise for the butt and legs I can do in my room?
Joel Harper - Elite TrainerJoel Harper - Elite Trainer
Trust me these side and back legs lift work. See and do for yourself in this video, and learn how yo...
What are the best exercises for teens?
Diana S, NASM Elite TrainerDiana S, NASM Elite Trainer
The best exercises for teens are the ones they enjoy the most. Looking forward to an activity will g...
How Should I End a Workout In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?
How Can I Tone and Tighten My Triceps In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?