Why might my child avoid telling me that he is being cyberbullied?

Shawn Edgington
Pediatrics
Research shows that your child probably won't tell you they're being harassed online or by text message. As they grow older, they're even less likely to say anything. Why is that? Nothing is more important to our children than their cell phone or computer, and parents believe that taking away their technology will solve the problem. Children also think that parents will get in the middle of the situation by reporting the bully to teachers, other parents, or the school's administration, which, in a child's opinion, makes the problem even more difficult for them.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Bullying

Why might certain children or teens be targeted by cyberbullies?
Shawn EdgingtonShawn Edgington
The top eight reasons children are cyberbullied (when a minor uses technology as a weapon to intenti...
How can I protect my child from online harassment?
Shawn EdgingtonShawn Edgington
Take the following measures to defend your child against online harassment:Set up a Google Alert for...
Lizzie Velasquez Talks to Dr. Oz About Staying Positive
Should You Worry About Sibling Bullying?