What can teens do to stay safe at parties?

Michele Borba
Before going to any party, always tell a friend the address of where you are going. Know who is giving that party. Is it someone you trust? Go with a friend so you can look out for one another. If there is drinking involved, take a pledge that one of you will remain the sober designated driver or just sober. If others crash the party, it may be wise to leave.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Building Relationships

What should I avoid doing to make better friend choices?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
To make better friend choices, don’t:Keep friends just because you feel bad for them or are afraid t...
What is peer pressure?
Peer pressure is when another person or a group pressures you to do something that may not refle...
How will my parents' divorce change my life?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
Depending on your developmental stage, your parents’ divorce will change your life to the extent tha...
Do online friends boost happiness?
Online friends do temporarily boost happiness when only a novel “image” or “fantasy” of the individu...