How will my parents' divorce change my life?

Charles J. Sophy, MD
Adolescent Medicine
Depending on your developmental stage, your parents’ divorce will change your life to the extent that you allow their divorce to significantly affect you, either positively or negatively; that is, the impact is by the way you perceive their divorce, adjust to the split or blended family situation, and manage the stressors of life.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Building Relationships

What can teens do to stay safe at parties?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Before going to any party, always tell a friend the address of where you are going. Know who is givi...
What should I do if my partner and I argue a lot?
Almost all people have diff erences of opinions--in fact, life would get boring otherwise. How y...
What should I know about why my parents are divorcing?
J.Lucy BoydJ.Lucy Boyd
The most important thing you should know is that it is not your fault. Parents divorce when one or b...
How can I find the right group to join?
What do you like to do? What defines you? Are you half Latino and half African American? Join bo...