When should I start talking to my child about her body?

You can begin the discussion with your child about the human body as soon as he or she is old enough to talk! Young children should understand how special their bodies are and should know the proper names of their body parts. As children get older and begin to notice differences between both boys and girls and children and adults, they can start to learn more of the specifics about the changes that will occur as they grow into adulthood and when they can expect them to happen.

From Good Kids, Bad Habits: The RealAge Guide to Raising Healthy Children by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

Good Kids, Bad Habits: The RealAge Guide to Raising Healthy Children

When kids start going on TV binges or devouring fistfuls of cookies, it's easy to say, "They'll grow out of it." More likely, they're acquiring bad habits that could lead to childhood obesity and...

Continue Learning about Teens (12-18)

How to Reduce Risky Driving Behavior in Teens
In the 1950 driver’s education film, Last Date, actor Dick York plays Nick, a bad boy who drives recklessly. A peer warns Nick he’s destined to commit...
How much sleep does my teenager need?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
The optimum amount of sleep time for teens is 9 and 1/4 hours per night. This is hard to do because ...
What causes narcissism in teens?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
A growing number of researchers are finding a link between social media websites like Facebook a...
What Is HealthCorps?
What Is HealthCorps?